On Saturday morning I got to take Jr. Princess to her very first soccer game (M&M Dad was busy coaching Starshine's team across town). She was super excited to finally be a big girl.
The game was very high scoring because we have a "little Mia Hamm" on our team while the other team had a "Jr. Pele," who unfortunately was playing forward while Jr. Princess made her goalie debut. Here she is throwing back a blocked shot... 
After an uneventful stint as right forward, Jr. Princess found her calling - defense! She loves to get right in there and clear the ball...
During one of the breaks, one of her coach's commented to me that she was really good at defense, and had "some skills." Then, and here's the funny part, asked if she got them from me. I was wearing my Minnesota shirt (for the big stadium-opening football game), and he thought I may have played for the U! Ha Ha Ha! After I laughed for a minute I assured him that she definitely did not inherit any soccer skills from me, but from her awesome soccer playing Dad.
After the game, Jr. Princess loves that everybody does high fives...
..and then some nice parent always brings a fun snack...

The biggest bummer is that she and Starshine both have 9AM games the whole season, until the last day, so I'll hardly get to see Starshine, and M&M Dad will hardly see Jr. Princess. They definitely are defying the odds of scheduling...
No comments:
Post a Comment