Friday, October 30, 2009

The perfect attendence dream is over...

Starshine has been super proud of getting perfect attendance through first grade. So, I knew a meltdown was coming when I got the call Tuesday afternoon that she had a fever. She automatically had to stay home for 24 hours, but M&M Dad and I cringed because so many people at work have been out for days with the flu that we were planning for the rest of the week. Well, she was very upset that she was going to miss school, but even more upset at the potential of missing some very important social events, including a party at Jr. Princess's school, a field trip, a party at her school, a slumber party on Friday, and trick-or-treating.

Well, our little tough girl had a teeny fever with a teeny cough and a teeny headache. By the next day she was feeling fine and went back to school on Thursday. I sure hope this is our version of the flu this year.

Funny thing is I had just gotten my flu shot at work an hour before the call, so I was cheering the little vaccine into action as I drove to Starshine's school.

No comments: