Saturday, October 22, 2011

Starshine's Pie

Yeah, Yeah - I haven't blogged in FOREVER! Honestly, back to school time always gets to me. It's so busy with shopping, parent information nights, getting back in to the swing of homework, fall soccer, blah blah blah. So, I may just pretend those 2 months didn't happen, or I may try to catch up the blog on some favorite activities... who knows.

So, this week the girls had 3 days off for teachers convention, so I took vacation to have some fun with them. They, apparently, are tired out, too, because their wish list of activities for the 5 day weekend was pretty tame: movie, craft, cooking project, etc. Every fall we bake all kinds of things with apples (crisp, cake, etc.), but never pie, and Starshine always asks for pie. I'll be honest - pie's pretty far down on my dessert like list, and M&M Dad thinks all cooked fruit is a waste of fruit. But I finally gave in and told her we could make a pie this weekend. Last minute she changed her request to lemon meringue (M&M Dad was happy that no awesome apples were hurt in the making of this pie).


I was nervous - I have baked very few pies in my life and never lemon meringue. But, I must say, it turned out delicious. Grandma L - you would be proud. When it came time to crimp the pie crust rim, she waved me off and said that she could handle it. Grandma showed her when they were baking Thanksgiving pies!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that is one awesome looking pie! I am looking forward to this years pie making event!