Yesterday, M&M Dad wanted to buy a watermelon at the grocery store. I almost persuaded him not to because I thought we'd never get through it all. I changed my mind when he reminded me it freezes well for smoothies. Well thank goodness because as it turns out, Jr. Princess is a watermelon eating machine! I am not exaggerating when I write that I think she has single handily eaten 1/2 of it already. She has had watermelon for 5 meals straight, including frozen watermelon cubes at the lake for our picnic today. And then, to top it off, she and M&M Dad made these awesome watermelon garnished, watermelon slush drinks for dinner - delicious!

The rest of the day was filled with bike riding, and playing outside. Ah, summer....
M&M Dad and I did dueling greens cooking for dinner tonight with the rest of our
CSA vegetables. He attempted the
swiss chard while I cooked the kale (both first time cooking experiences for us). I knew I had a harder taste hurdle, what with kale being a member of the cabbage family, but he totally smoked me by pulling out the bacon in his recipe. Apparently
Emeril is right- pork fat does rule.
2 comments:
Yummy watermelon treats! We are a big watermelon family here. Actually, all the fresh fruits that summer brings are fabulous.
Grandma M says she really likes watermelon too. She wants to challenge Julia to a Watermelon Eating Contest.
Grandpa M wants to challenge Julia, and any other takers, to a watermelon seed spitting contest. Outside of course.
I have cited Emeril's wisdon many times in defending my desire to leave the fat on the pork chop until after it is cooked.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa M
Post a Comment