

I have officially turned into my father. We decided to drive up to Two Harbors and just explore, so we turned off the road anywhere we saw "scenic view" or "nature walk" (I did draw the line at no historical markers.) This drove my sister and me NUTS when we were younger, but my kids were in good spirits. Jr. Princess loved any occasion to throw rocks in the water...
... or be the line leader...
Starshine loved any opportunity to climb big rocks...
...or pose with touristy displays, statues, etc...
My favorite story was when we were in downtown Duluth. Jr. Princess and I got out to walk across the lift bridge while M&M Dad and Starshine found a place to park. I had just explained to her that the bridge lifts up for boats (and we posed for the below picture), when the announcement came on "Attention, the lift bridge is about to raise. Please leave the bridge immediately." Well, Jr. Princess looked up in alarm and took off RUNNING to get off the bridge. It was super funny. In her defense, the bridge started lifting almost immediately after we stepped off. She wouldn't go anywhere near it for the rest of our time there.

No comments:
Post a Comment