Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Second Grade

Here is our little Starshine all ready for her first day of second grade - when did she get so grown-up?

Here she is with her neighbor friends in line for the bus. This is as close as we could convince the neighbor boy to get to the girls...
It does not appear that he spent nearly as much time obsessing about his first day of school outfit. Starshine loved her new pink dress which we accessorized with the fabulous gold belt she got awhile back from Uncle B.
Aren't they the cutest sisters???

When I picked her up, the first thing she said was, "BEST DAY EVER!" She was very excited about her new teacher and the fact that the teacher gives tickets for good behavior that are used in prize drawings. Of course, she practically cried when I told her we couldn't return the parent form tomorrow (worth one ticket) because M&M Dad isn't home to sign it.

I sure hope this "loving school" thing lasts for a long time!

2 comments:

Grandma L said...

Starshine - I remember when you went to kindergarten - how you have grown! Love your back to school outfit. Did that fancy clip fall out between the driveway picture and the bus picture?

Jr. Princess - Soon enough you will be big enough to climb on the school bus! I'll bet you had the brightest smile at your school today.

Hugs to all! Grandma L

Melissa said...

Happy first day of 2nd grade! What excitement. Totally laughing at the difference between standoff-ish boy and fashionable/well-accessorized girls. Starshine is darling; enjoy the school year!