Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Saturday morning was pumpkin carving time! Thank goodness trick-or-treating isn't until tonight because we were too busy with parties, illness, etc. to get this done during the week.

This had to be the easiest year so far, as both girls loved digging in and pulling out the guts. They both designed their own faces, so pretty much M&M Dad and I just had to carve. Even clean-up is easy because we chuck the guts into the woods to feed the deer. I'm sure the city would not approve, but we only ever feed the deer at Halloween, and it always draws the big bucks into the backyard.
(Starshine's hair is still a little green from her witch costume yesterday...)
(I'm not fond of the Santa shirt on Halloween, but I don't believe in interfering with my independent preschooler's sense of style unless it is REALLY bad...)
It was a lot of fun, but we missed having Auntie and Uncle here to carve with us...

3 comments:

Grandma L said...

Oh my goodness what a busy week! The pumpkins are awesome and I can hardly wait to see the pictures of the princesses in costume!

Love you all,

Grandma L

Melissa said...

Fabulous pumpkins!

Uncle said...

We missed it too!!