I was wondering what we should do for fun on New Years Eve because we certainly weren't going to be staying up until midnight! Well, M&M Dad had the great idea for a Family Games Olympics and appetizer dinner. So, the day before the girls were busy crafting our beautiful medals, and then we rounded up any games we could think of where multiple people could play but only one person wins. After
Starshine got home from swimming with a friend (have I mentioned how full her social calendar is...) we fired up the appetizers and lets the games begin!

After each game there was a triumphant medal ceremony...

And at the end of the evening, the grand champion was Jr. Princess! She received medals in Pass the Pigs,
Candyland, and the Rock Paper Scissors bracket challenge.

It was so much fun I have a feeling we will be seeing Family Games Olympics II well before next New Years Eve.
Oh and all of those boxes in the background? They are the before picture to my awesome new
cubbies going in the dining room so I no longer have to try to cram all of our art supplies into the hutch with the china. Here it is almost finished when
Starshine and a friend (yup - social event #2) couldn't resist jumping in
M&M Dad thought I was crazy about the large size but it works great! I love a good New Year's organization project!
Oh and did I mention that Starshine is currently spending the night at a friend's house for social event #3?
1 comment:
Congratulations Jr Princess - Your medals are beautiful.
Starshine, seems like you have added chauffeur to your mom and dad's job description!
Pink Mom, I love the new cubbies. Are they going to be filled with colorful bins or clear plastic ones?
M & M Dad, I love the idea of an appetizer dinner. I even picked up a recipe book in CA for tapas with that in mind.
Love ya, Grandma L
Post a Comment