Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day #3 - Chillaxin' down the river

After two days with lots of hiking and activities, Day #3 was a planned slow canoeing down the St. Croix River. M&M Dad was twitching to do the longer route, but we overruled him for the shorter, relaxing version to make sure our first family canoe trip was positive. I still remember the time M&M Dad and I went, and right after we past the first pick-up point, it started raining with a strong wind in the face. It ceased to be fun, and became man vs. nature to finish that canoe trip. I also remember when Grandma L got fishing hooks under her fingernails from some freak life jacket incident when I was a kid... Maybe I have a canoe trip curse...


So we packed a fun lunch and off we went. The girls LOVED getting to paddle, and we made it the whole way without losing one down the river. Somewhere mid-route, Starshine thought she made up the word Chillax, to describe the theme of our third day. I assured her that Auntie, and other children of the eighties, would remember Chillax. We had so much fun giggling about it, we used it at least 100 times that day.

Afterwards we did a bit of hiking,

and then it was time for the drive home to really Chillax on Sunday (while I did 9 loads of laundry).

Oh - and public apology to the kids for accusing them of possibly losing my water bottle. I am completely responsible for losing my newly won water bottle on the canoe trip. Sorry Melissa!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks like your MN vacay was a great success, despite the loss of the water bottle - bummer!