Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's never to early to learn about fiscal responsibility...

I volunteer for an organization that takes inner city kids to theater productions. However, this month they received tickets to a live taping of a Suze Orman PBS special. I volunteered to drive because I LOVE SUZE ORMAN. They ended up not having kids who needed rides, but still said I could have 2 tickets.

I wasn't sure if Starshine would want to come, but when asked she replied, "I remember her - she was on Biggest Loser!" Awesome. It was pretty cool to see the behind the scenes of a tv program (stage directions, shuffling of the audience for good layout, etc.

Unfortunately they gave us about 10 seconds o take pictures, and my camera wasn't cooperating, so this is the best we got...


Starshine got a little bored at the discussion topic that was over her head, though perked up significantly when the talk came to allowance. She, however, did not like Ms. Orman's suggestions that kids shouldn't get one - they should work for it :).

They handed out pads of paper for people to take notes, and Starshine used it to make a running list of words/phrases she didn't understand. When we met M&M Dad and Jr. Princess for dinner afterwards, it was quite the time explaining Roth IRAs and foreclosures! She's now the most financially informed kid in America.

We'll be DVRing the upcoming show locally on January 30th and nationally on March 8th to see if we can see ourselves!

P.S Suze Orman is not humor or a cup of tea for me unlike the rest of the crowd!

1 comment:

Grandma L said...

Wow Starshine your mom takes you to the neatest things! Maybe you can get your teacher to use your list of words for next weeks spelling list. I love how you are so curious and did not just roll your eyes.