Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Jr. Princess!

I can't believe Jr. Princess is turning 6 years old (sniff sniff...). This year, she got to have her very first big girl party!


We gave her oodles of choices, but she was set from the beginning to have her party at an indoor play place. She was super excited because Grandma and Grandpa M were going to be here that weekend, but unfortunately, Grandma M's sister passed away, and the funeral ended up being that Friday back in Wisconsin. M&M Dad and Starshine went back for the funeral, and I stayed to host the party. Yup - I was on my own to host a party for 10 giggling 6 year olds... Luckily one of the mom's took pity on me and stayed to help.


Here we are waiting for our room to open up... We were all set to bake a cake for the big party, but decided store bought would be best as I attempted to simplify the activities down to my one woman show. So, I took Jr. Princess to Costco to pick out the cake of her dreams. It was DELICIOUS and huge - we ended up giving leftover chunks of cakes to the neighbors and still had plenty for a few days.


Here is our first guest arriving...


And the beforementioned delicious cake...




Jr. Princess was most sad that her sister wasn't there, which was super sweet. It may not have turned out how we expected (because life is like that), but she ended up having a fabulous time playing in the playplace, making a craft, eating cake, and opening presents.



Happy Birthday to my beautiful little girl.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy 6th birthday to your beautiful daughter! What a grand celebration, even if it was a change of plans. What a cute group of girls! So fun.