Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Night in the Starlab


Tonight we went to Starshine's school for family night in the Starlab. Essentially it's an inflatable dome with a projector inside, and her science teacher taught us all about constellations. He did a wonderful job - even Jr. Princess was mesmerized for the 1/2 hour. Starshine loved when they did this in science class earlier in the week. She came home that night and talked endlessly about the stars she had learned about.
Too bad it was cloudy tonight because we couldn't go outside and apply our new found learnings in the parking lot. M&M Dad promised to show her the real Orien on garbage night. Why on garbage night you may ask? Because that's when Grandpa M used to teach him about astronomy - while carrying the garbage to the curb. Ahh tradition...
I love the starlab.

2 comments:

Grandma L said...

Good Morning Shoreview

Sounds like it was a really cool night in the science lab. I was looking out the window here last week and was amazed how bright the stars were and how close they seemed. They looked like you could reach out and touch them.

Pink Mom I hope that you are feeling better soon. I know that the cold I had dragged on for what seemed like forever and then alergies took over!

Have a wonderful day.

Love to all of you.

Grandma L

Grandpa and Grandma M said...

M+M Dad,

No wonder you ended up in HR rather than the sciences. I'm feeling guilty for your association of Astronomy with Garbage night.

Don't forget to point out Rigel and Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice) to Starshine and Jr. Princess.

GP M