Saturday, November 15, 2008

Science Museum Fun

Today's fun family outing was to the Science Museum. We started out with the Omni Theater Movie about the Great Lakes, which was cool because the girls love bald eagles, and in the movie you saw some footage of babies in a nest.


The main purpose of the trip was all about me because the special exhibit was "CSI: the experience", where you get to solve a crime based on evidence you find. I am a total crime show/crime novel nut, so this was a lot of fun. Starshine didn't understand the concept, at first, until I explained it was a lot like Scooby Doo, and then she was totally onboard.

On the way out of the exhibit, we were invited into a short play about a bug detective solving crime, and Starshine got to be onstage as a Mud Dauper Wasp. You'll be happy to know, she did not kill the Bee. The best part was when the guy pulled her onstage he commented on her fabulous sparkly headband. It was "headband day" after we found some awesome ones in the dollar section of Target (yup - one dollar!). I'm pretty sure you'll see that headband soon as a part of her Sharpay costume.

Finally, we stopped at our favorite St. Paul candy store for a treat. The girls tried rock candy for the first time (yum), and M&M Dad and I enjoyed our favorite, Chicago Mix popcorn.

The only sad part was when M&M Dad and the girls went to the apple orchard, because it is the last day of the season :(. Now we have to go back to boring old supermarket fruit for another year... Though the owner did say "see you next year," which is fantastic because there are always rumors about her selling out to land developers and retiring, which would be a big loss to our neighborhood.

I loved that I got to be in the show.

2 comments:

Grandma L said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Goldie,
Thanks for giving the Badgers the victory. That was very nice of you.