Here is her report of the day-one duties of Star of the Week:
- line leader multiple times
- talked about her poster
- in charge of counting the lunch orders (Mrs. L double checks, but Starshine got it right)
- took the lunch account down to the cafeteria (and got to pick a friend to come)
- went to the office when another student needed a new folder
Sounds like a great first day in office.
I was so excited today.
Yesterday M&M Dad had the girls out sledding for what seemed like an unusually long time, even for their winter toughness. I thought I heard some shrieking that I didn't recognize, and when I went outside it was Sledding J (nickname selected by Starshine), our neighbor. She had gotten her adult daughter's whole collection of sleds out of the shed and she and the girls were having a blast in the backyard.
This sled was nicknamed the bullet..
It's pretty much a thin sheet of slippery plastic that the girls loved because whenever one of us adults tried it, we ended up rolling off and face planting in the snow! We have such great neighbors...
3 comments:
Hi Shoreview
Congratulations on a great first day Starshine. The SHOES really made the whole outfit.
The sleds looked like they worked better than the cardboard ones we tried! Perhaps Grandpa should get one of those plastic sheet ones and next year see if you make it to the fairway.
Love ya.
Grandma L
Dear Shoreview Denizens of the Frozen Tundra,
Goodness, such excitement. I was behind on my blog reading. Starshine, your "star" really is shining! And Jr Princess, look out for that swing set! I knocked out some teeth out when I was two, and they didn't come back until I was six.
Grandpa L
I totally remember having a red rolly plasic sled when we were kids. It was hard to get on..and have it lay flat...but when it did WATCH OUT~!
Looks like your having a great time!
Love to you all!
Auntie
Post a Comment