Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa M are here!

The girls had been counting down the days until a grandparent visit, and it is finally here. M&M Dad's parents arrived last evening and we all went out to dinner.

Jr. Princess quote - "Grandpa likes Red Robin and I like Red Robin! Perfect!"

Today we were all ready to watch the girls' activities. Well, Starshine's coach cancelled tennis because he thought it was too cold - total wimp. So, we all went to see Jr. Princess at gymnastics. At the community center they were having a kids' health fair. Starshine completed a "How Fit Are You" challenge, and I have to say I was totally surprised at how good she is at push-ups. Her gym teacher must be working them pretty hard!

This afternoon we bid bon voyage to the shabby vinyl tablecloth by finger painting it in the driveway before throwing it away - super fun!






Oh, and Grandpa M now knows the danger of visiting a blogger's house. Look closely - he put some of the girls Mac 'n Cheese on his salad for lunch - huh?


The girls and I snuck out for a top secret mission to Bakers Square this afternoon. Starshine got an awesome $5-off coupon at the local parade last year and we have been saving it for when the M's are here because they both really like pie and it's really not M&M Dad or my favorite, so we really didn't want a whole pie in the house if no one was here to help eat it. Well, I may change my mind tonight because they picked out an Oreo pie - super yum!
Starshine choosed a wonderful pie!

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma M said...

HI!
We had a really great time at your house!
I only found one drop of pink paint on my shoe and one drop of blue paint on my jeans. Pretty good,right?
I hope you enjoyed the rest of the pie. It was yummy!
Grandpa doesn't see what was weird about his salad. He said it was good.
Have a great week. We can't wait til you come to Wisconsin in May!
xxxxoooo,Gand G M.

Melissa said...

I am LOL about your line "the dangers of visiting a blogger's house." So true, so funny!

Have a great visit with G&G M, I love grandparent visits.

Pie is not my thing so much, although an occasional slice of French Silk suits me just fine!