Saturday, May 2, 2009

5k Fun!

Today was the annual 5K and kids run at my work. Last year M&M Dad painfully ran the whole thing in the cold and wind with Jr. Princess in the jogging stroller while Starshine and I walked in the other stroller. He nicely asked if he could run for real this year... Hmmm, my brain took a while to figure out how this could work...

Thankfully Starshine is a big enough girl to stand by herself and watch us because I certainly couldn't handle two girls in strollers! M&M Dad had a personal best time!

Of course, I am super slow pushing Jr. Princess around, but luckily the course looped in such a way that I could hand her off to M&M Dad when he was done and finish with no kids.

(Starshine is pretty proud of the bunny ears in this photo)
Then came the kids runs. First up was Starshine in the 5-8 year old division... The poor girl was disappointed that she didn't win.

And then Jr. Princess in the under 5 division...


Jr. Princess was super fast. I think she has a shot at the title next year. We had a lot of fun, and the girls ate their weight in free healthy snacks!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

We’re sorry we missed out on the fun. Was M&M Dad on the winning team this year? Scott definitely wouldn’t have had a personal best. And who is the dog with the $ on his chest? That’s a new character!

Pink Mom said...

The team would have been pretty awesome because we had the #1 woman, but Don S. was a scratch because his wife had a baby the Thursday before the race.

That's Dollar Dog from the Credit Union (totally lame, but the kids love him).