Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mothers' Day Program and School Party

I worked from home today so I could go over to Starshine's school for the Mothers' Day program and picnic lunch. All of the 1st graders sang 3 songs and 3 poems. It was super adorable. My favorite went something like this:

On Mothers Day
I will do my best
Do make sure my Mom
Can get some rest
Amen! Starshine's favorite part was that she got to be on the risers this year (last year for kindergarten graduation she was on the floor in the front row). I thought this was funny, and then Best Friend's mom mentioned how upset Best Friend has been all week that she is on the floor AGAIN.Starshine scored us prime real estate on the mats instead of the hard floor. I'm not sure why we couldn't have this picnic outside... it was gorgeous out.

Then, after school Jr. Princess's school had a start of summer party complete with Super Jump. The girls started with the crazy hair table...

...which meant we definitely were doing baths tonight. Jr. Princess had a fortune cookie for her treat, and for some unknown reason they both like to stick their fortunes to their foreheads??? I'm not sure where this trend started.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Rest - yes, that is all I really want for Mother's Day!

Cute pictures. I love all the fun programs and stuff that come with the school years.

Alyssa said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I hope you have a wonderful day!