Saturday, August 1, 2009

Little House on the Prairie

On Tuesday, Starshine was invited to a day camp with her best friend at Gibb's Farm where they got to spend a day going to an 19th century one room school house. The night before, when we were discussing timing, Best Friend's mom mentioned that the girls should come dressed the part. Crap - I totally thought they would have costumes there.

Luckily we have lots of old fashioned aprons from M&M Dad's great aunt that looked fantastic. But then, Starshine asked if she could have a bonnet (she's seen a few episodes of Little House on the Prairie). "Uhm, sure honey, I'm sure I can whip something up tonight..."

Pretty good I think...M&M Dad even packed her lunch in a cute little metal pail.

She had the best time. She and her friend tied as winners of the 1st grade spelling bee, they made candles and corn husk dolls, and learned all about old-time school life. She chatted about it for hours - especially the new knowledge that kids used to get spanked in school! I have a feeling this will be a yearly tradition. Jr. Princess sure can't wait until she gets to go.

No comments: