After the girls ran around the house playing hide and go seek with the aid of Starshine's new walkie talkies (a huge hit at the party), we headed out to the garage for the pinata that Starshine has been working very hard on making all month. There were older, stronger kids this year, so we started off with a blindfold round before letting them hit free will. Good thing, because it didn't take long...
and Starshine's requested donut sundaes. I was a little bummed not to get to bake anything, but I find that nobody eats the cake (or in this case donuts) anyway. It was all about the toppings...
It was then time for pajamas and a photo on the couch...
...followed by a movie with popcorn and root beer. Don't be fooled by this picture, however, because most of the kids barely sat still for the movie. We kept hearing Jr. Princess yell (BE QUIET, I CANT HEAR THE MOOOOVIE). If you look close you will see that Jr. Princess thinks one of Starshine's friends is HER new best friend.
Everyone was in bed and teeth brushed by 9:30, but we definitely underestimated the will of 7 year olds (and one 4 year old) to stay awake. Close to 11 we ended up separating everyone in different rooms and I slept on the couch in the family room to scare them into being quiet. Man, I think that officially makes me the mean mom...
People started getting up at 7:15, which again backs my theory that kids who stay up late don't sleep in, they just get up at the exact same time and act crabby! We enjoyed a pancake breakfast, and then the kids went home.
The girls had a super fun time, but M&M Dad and I are officially too old for slumber parties. I went back to sleep almost immediately, because I certainly did not sleep well on the couch in the middle of loud breathing girls. But even M&M Dad, who got 8 hours of sleep, alone in our bed, is upstairs taking a nap now. M&M Dad has to be dying to agree to a nap, and I didn't even have to encourage him. I think he just has giggle/shrieking overload.
2 comments:
What a party! Love the recap. At least the girls had fun... :)
Yes, kids who stay up late don't sleep in, and do in fact wake up at the same time and act grumpy all day. It's a fact.
Hope everyone is recovered!
Hi Starshine, Jr. Princess and their seriously sleep deprived parents.
Sounds like a great party for the young and a life changing event for the parents - been there - done that.
Who the heck named it a slumber party or sleep over. Sleep has NEVER been an element.
Happy Birthday once again Starshine.
Love Grandma and Grandpa L in California
Post a Comment