First I got to sleep in, and was quite surprised when that turned out to be 9 o'clock. I cannot remember the last time I slept until 9. I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting sick...
Then, Jr. Princess came in to see what I wanted for breakfast in bed, which was her big plan for me all week. I enjoyed a lovely breakfast of yogurt with strawberries. We then had fun trying out some of the new games on my Wii Fit Plus game. I think the Snow Ball Fight is going to be a favorite.
Then, for our afternoon activity I wanted to go ice skating. Jr. Princess had a bit of a meltdown because she wanted to go sledding (umm, it's not YOUR birthday). She and Dad started out in boots playing hockey ( the boots are to make sure we don't repeat the great head injury of '09), which she LOVED.
Starshine is definitely getting a lot better at her skating. No one has to help her at all, now...
And Jr. Princess, well I had to insist she finally put her skates on so everybody could see how well she skates (especially considering last year she was completely against the idea and only put her skates on once!)
We finished the evening with a nice dinner at Red Robin. Unfortunately, do to a lying punishment for both girls (sigh) earlier in the day we couldn't watch a movie together as planned. But Starshine, bless her little heart, left me the most adorable note under my pillow apologizing for ruining my birthday evening by lying.
All-in-all, it was a nice day.
2 comments:
Hi Pink Mom - Sounds like you had a really terrific birthday celebration! Stay warm! Love, Mom
Happy few-days-late birthday! Sounds like a lovely birthday. Sleeping 'til 9? A huge gift in itself.
Post a Comment