Sunday, September 19, 2010

Starshine's Weekend

This year in school, Starshine has to track the minutes she reads everyday on a calendar. The goal for this month was 180 minutes, which, because they didn't send it home until halfway through September, works out to about 15 minutes a day. So, I had to take a picture after the first week of keeping track because she is already at 531 minutes! OK, it's really only 400-some minutes, because Thursday was double minute day, (which I think she took as a personal challenge), but seriously - she is such a fabulous reader. No joke - unprodded by us, she read for 173 minutes on Saturday afternoon between her soccer game and having a friend over that evening. I wish I was 8 again and had 173 minutes to read in an afternoon...


Today she couldn't read nearly as much because she's in charge of the "Art to Wear" Try-it badge for girl scouts tomorrow. After a lot of shopping and organizing, she had to practice one of the activities - face painting. Guess who was super excited to volunteer as her model?

1 comment:

Grandma L said...

Hi - Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. Jr Princess you look great in face paint! Plus what an awesome collection of awards! Love you,

Starshine I wish I could see a closeup of you face painting work! I love that you are reading as much - or more - than Pink Mom did when she was your age. Keep it up. Hugs