Thursday, October 16, 2008

Starshine's Special Day

Today, Starshine was off from school because of teachers' convention so she got to have her own special day. After much deliberating over numerous possibilities (MN Zoo to see the Dolphins, Underwater Aquarium, swimming like Jr. Princess, etc.), she decided on all of the rides at Mall of America! We have never done this before so we were all very excited.

So, we dropped Jr. Princess off at daycare so Starshine could have her own solo day with Mom and Dad, and we headed off to Taco Bell to pick up a coupon for Nickelodeon Universe. When we reached Taco Bell, we realized we had a coupon for a free Strawberry Fruilati in our Entertainment book - yeah treats in the morning!

She loved all the rides - especially the log ride, the bus ride, and the spooky ghost ride because we got to shoot ghosts with guns to score points (quite scandalous for the 6 year old who isn't allowed to have toy guns).

Starshine was a trooper, trying all kinds of different rides. I, however, felt a bit nauseous after the swings. It's tough getting old.

Afterward, we left to pick up Jr. Princess and all had ice cream at McDonald's.

We had an awesome day - and Mom and Dad are now officially exhausted. Seriously - I think I fell asleep in the car on the way to pick up Jr. Princess and M&M Dad actually says he won't run tonight (I'll believe it when I see it).

I had a shake. I love mall of america.

No comments: