Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Star of the Week Time!!

It finally happened - Starshine's name got pulled out of the hat, and she gets to be Star of the Week in her class starting on Monday. As you may guess, she is beyond excited! Here she is diligently working on her "All About Me" poster. She is very excited about being first in line every day and getting to bring the lunch order down to the cafeteria in the morning. I am sure we will have lots to post about on Monday.


We spend the morning deciding which pictures of the family, her and her pet, to put on the poster. We, of course, don't have pets so she is putting a picture of one of our backyard pets - the deer. She and M&M Dad braved the cold this morning to try and get an awesome new photo with our awesome new camera, but the deer were not cooperating, so we found a photo from fall.

Mom forgot to say that I get to be the lineleader too.
(Hmm, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that...)

The big crisis almost came when the old printer printed some HORRIBLE pictures, but luckily we had our new printer from Grandma and Grandpa L for Christmas. 15 quick install minutes later -Wow - look at the difference...

Crisis averted!

And on another note... say good bye to the hideous downstairs bathroom! Seriously - who ever though grey and brass went together???


The contractor got started this week, and it should (hopefully) be all done on Thursday. It even looks better right now with a big hole in the wall into the laundry room. The contractor is enjoying pointing out all of the shady craftsmanship put in by the previous home owners (too thin drywall, non-code approved sink piping, etc.). Don't I know it. Every time I try to change something in the downstairs I find some sort of crazy home improvement choices. I am super excited to kick the kids out of my bathroom when the new tub is ready.
Don't expect any completed pictures for a while, though. We are doing the final painting and adding of towel bars, mirror, etc., which means this could drag on for a while :).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for the star of the week! Don't you just love things that make your kids feel happy and special? And can't wait to see "after" pictures of your bathroom - house projects are always fun (at least the outcome!).

Planning to call one evening this week - what is too late for you?

Grandpa and Grandma M said...

Starshine,
We can't wait to hear about your special week. Of course we always think you are special!

xxxooo, G&G M