Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eve

First, a fort update. M&M Dad and the girls moved the teepee further back into the woods and did some fabulous criss-crossing of branches. Our neighbors commented that it is starting to be Survivor worthy; we just need some banana leaves. I am just excited that we know have something to do with all of the sticks that constantly fall off of our trees. A few more improvements and the deer might move in.

Many of you may know that I kid M&M Dad about never spending any money. Well, he came home on Friday announcing that he had bought something. Yup - he spent 8 whole dollars on some 1992 baseball cards for his amusement. Isn't he cute. It is part tradition, because Grandma M always had some in his Easter basket. I'll have to report back on how the girls like them. The last time he got out his baseball cards to play with Starshine I laughed so hard. She doesn't know anything about teams, so they were sorting mustaches vs. no mustaches...
He couldn't believe I got out the camera, but that is the danger of me having a blog. Anything that amuses me...

Saturday started out with the girls helping stuff Easter eggs for the big hunt tomorrow. Starshine didn't even think this was a job, she thought it was super fun! No joke -she stuffed over 200 eggs. Our neighbor said there were 1100 eggs last year. It is seriously over the top, but the girls love it. Lots of fabulous pictures to come tomorrow if we are all healthy.
Poor little Jr. Princess had a stomach virus this afternoon. You know it's bad because she went to bed early without eating dinner, snacks, or decorating Easter eggs. Here she is looking miserable right before she went to bed. Poor Jr. Princess...
She was so sick she barely enjoyed opening her Easter mail from all the Grandparents. (Sorry Auntie - still no sign of your package). I sure hope she's feeling better for the Easter hunt tomorrow.

3 comments:

Grandma L said...

Dear Jr Princess,

I sure hope you are feeling better this morning . . . and that the rest of you are not down and out.

Starshine, awesome job filling those eggs! I can hardly wait for pictures.

M&M Dad, a very impressive fort.

A very HAPPY EASTER to you. May the sun shine and your baskets be full.

Love ya, Grandma L

Grandpa and Grandma M said...

EIGHT BUCKS!!!

There's a recession going on. You've got to hold down the spending.

Grandpa M

Pink Mom said...

Grandpa M,
M&M Dad would contend that his $8 is stimulating the economy!