Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Geek Mom Moment

This morning Jr. Princess decided to take her beach ball to school for Show & Share. I think it was about 5F this morning, so when she got in the car this was our conversation:

Jr. Princess: Mo-oooooooom, my ball is losing air!"
Me: No Sweetie, it's just cold out. It will be fine once we get to school.
Starshine: No Mom, it's leaking you HAVE to fix it!
Me: It will be fine. Please stop screaming, I'm trying to drive.
Starshine: HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE FINE!!!!

(preparing for geeky moment)

Me: Well, let me explain a basic law of Chemistry.... (blah, blah, blah...) the volume gets smaller when it gets cold, and when the air warms up it will get big again... (blah, blah, blah...)
Starshine: Really? How do you know?
Me: I'm super smart, remember? (This is a standing phrase at our house whenever I can find something that they can't)

There was obvious doubting coming from the back seat, but when the ball firmed up when we got into daycare they looked at me like I was the coolest mom ever!

Yeah - science rocks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed. Sirs Charles and Boyle were clever fellows!

Maybe pick something safer than luge? Maybe tubing will be a sport by 2022.

Gotta love the camo-smurf musicians!

Grandpa