Friday, October 10, 2008

Internet Safety Lesson

Hi all,

You'll notice I deleted all of the comments so far, and changed all of the previous postings to provide a little internet safety.

Our oldest daughter came home from school today telling me about an internet safety video she watched with the media specialist. She learned that we shouldn't put our names, addresses, names of schools, telephone numbers, etc., on the computer because of some bad guys (Cat Face). So, she instructed me to change our blog to be safe, and then picked out nicknames for everybody:

Mom = pink mom (because I like pink)
Dad = M&M Dad (because he likes M&Ms)
sister = Jr. Princess (no explanation necessary)
...and she wanted to be refered to as Starshine (I have no idea why).

So, while the names don't currently roll of my fingers when typing, I love that she's coming home and teaching all of us some important lessons.

So - for all of our blog followers - Starshine requests that you change your profile to not list last names, and please use nicknames and non-identifiable information when posting comments.

I'm still trying to decide if I need to change the title of the blog...

I miss you grandma grandpa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Starshine,
Thank you for telling your mom all the important internet information that you learned at school. I like the nicknames you girls picked out. Do you have any suggestions for grandpa and me?

Dear Jr. Princess,
I am looking forward to getting one of you fantastic hugs when we get there on Tuesday. Will you please ask Pink Mom or M & M Dad if the apple orchard will be open that afternoon. I am sure that grandpa would like to walk over there and get some apples for the rest of our trip.

See you soon. Love G & G

Pink Mom said...

Good job not using names.

Starshine