Friday, December 5, 2008

Prepping for St. Nick and Santa Claus

Tonight we were very busy preparing for St. Nick and Santa Claus. While we waited for M&M Dad to make it home from another long day of compensation year-end blah-blah-blah (whatever that means), I helped the girls write their letter to Santa because we are going to have breakfast with him tomorrow.

Jr. Princess dictated:
"Dear Santa,
Please bring me for Christmas presents with things in it, and that's all."

Starshine crafted her own:
"Dear Santa,
I want different colored shiny rocks. Sign here if you understand. And you can pick whatever else."

Starshine did not appreciate how much I giggled at these letters!

When Dad made it home we had fun decorating the tree, though there was a lot of swearing at the lights. First we got all the lights on, and a middle light strand wouldn't work. So, we took it off, redistributed the rest, and unplugged while we added ornaments. When we were finished, we plugged it back in, and you guessed it, now none of the lights work! Instead of throwing the entire tree out the window, I decided to just walk away...




FYI - new Christmas tree lights are now officially on my Christmas list.

No comments: