Well, Spring Break is over - sigh...
On Saturday, we started the day with an Animal Crossing fishing contest on the Wii. The girls are super into this game right now, and every month or so they have a fishing contest, which the whole family enjoys.
In the afternoon, I took both girls to see "Streetcar" at a children's theater. I was supposed to volunteer drive, but no one needed a ride, and they had a bunch of extra tickets, so I got to take both girls and go anyway. (I'm guessing they had a ton of extra tickets because it was such a gorgeous day that most Minnesotans preferred to be outside.) I wasn't very impressed, but Starshine said it was the best play she has seen. We could have brought M&M Dad with us, too, but he took the opportunity to go for his first big bike ride of the season.
Here are my little cuties posing outside the theater...
In thoughtful return for a peaceful afternoon of biking bliss, M&M Dad had dinner ready when we returned (the only downside being he tends to make the kitchen look like a bomb went off in the process!).
Then, on Sunday, Starshine was surprised by a last minute invitation to go on a nature walk with a friend from school. This gave M&M Dad and me the rare chance to spend time with just Jr. Princess. We went to the nearby dog park and took a jog (leisurely for M&M Dad, quite hard for me!). Jr. Princess enjoyed "shooting peanut butter" from her stick at passers-by, counting dogs, and inquiring why I am running so slow :).
The girls then both went to a neighbor's birthday party for the afternoon. Jr. Princess was thrilled to be hanging out with the big kids all afternoon. I was thrilled to make lasagna and fresh bread for dinner in a quiet kitchen, though slightly disheartened that they were so full of cake that they didn't eat anything. Well, at least M&M Dad liked it.
Tomorrow's a big day - Jr. Princess's first official day in the Panda room!
Oh - and Starshine now has TWO loose teeth!

3 comments:
I hope the weather is nice when we come in April for Starshine and Jr. Princess to take us for a nature walk in the woods.
I don't know from whom M and M Dad gets that "bomb went off in the kitchen".
Grandpa M
Wow it is hard to believe your VERY EXCITING Spring Break is over. You seem to have made the most of it.
Starshine - how amazing - your first two loose teeth and both in the same weekend! Are they both on the bottom?
Jr Princess - how are you liking the Panda room? Did you learn a new song?
Love you
Grandma L
Big doings in the Pink household! Sounds fun all-around.
Post a Comment