We had a fun evening of learning about things to help a garden, followed by a nature activity. Both Starshine and Jr. Princess did an awesome job of gathering nature stuff on their woods walks with M&M Dad this past month to help prepare the nature blindfold guessing game. I also lucked out because several girls were away for Spring Break, so I didn't have to contend with the full gaggle of giggling 1st graders! My hats off to the moms who volunteer to be full time troop leaders - I don't know how they do it. I figure I'll stick to my strengths - troop treasurer.
Here's a few of them - the sheer difference in sizes in 1st grade is amazing!

Star of the week update:
Jr. Princess doesn't have a lot of details about why this week is so great, but she does like that her poster is hanging in the hallway. She did want you to see pictures of two of her favorite things at school: the group area:
and the basket. Every once in a while they put a basket in the hallway with take home snacks. The kids come out of the room looking for it. If they see it, they scream "basket!!!!!" and go running down the hall. (One day the basket had papers in it and the look of disappointment on kid after kid's faces made the center director decide to buy a different basket for paper days.) Today was a good day - crackers!
No comments:
Post a Comment